Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Fighting Irish aren't so fighting any more

I will apologize to the non-football fans for the inordinate amount of football photos on the blog so far. :-) But, in Ann Arbor, fall Saturdays are game days and let's be honest - football is a HUGE deal at Michigan. It's definitely gotten in my blood, so I want to be sure to capture its glory before I leave and have to pay up the wazoo for tickets. :-)

This is a short video of the yell and hand gestures everyone does during a kick-off.

One of our traditions is that whenever Michigan scores, people get lifted up a number of times equal to the number of Michigan points on the board. This girl was dressed as a banana, thus, we called her "Banana Girl".

Okay, let's see if anyone else has the same reaction to this sky as I did. Think TV theme song...
(see below for the answer)
The final score. Yet another Michigan-ND blowout.


answer to the above question: "The Simpsons"

2 comments:

Ulie said...

Daaa dump dump da daaaaa dump dump da duh duh duh DUMP! It looks exactly like the Simpsons- you had the theme song in my head before I could scroll down to see the answer. :) Glad to see you're keeping up with it- I LOVE reading your blog(s)!!! :)
love,
J

Unknown said...

The negative 52 yards rushing by Notre Dame (in your last picture) reminds me of a funny quote by former ND coach Lou Holtz. After one of their games, a reporter asked him how he felt about his team getting only two yards rushing. He said, "Wow, it was just two yards? I could get that much by falling down!"