Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Christmastime

Ah, Christmas. My favorite time of year! And this year, due to different family schedules, it lasted a whole week! First, we got together with my dad's side of the family the weekend before Christmas. Everyone came into our house this year for the first time (that I can remember) and holed up at our house. It was like a gigantic family sleepover and I loved it. Then on Christmas Day, it was just my mom and dad and me. Finally, on the Friday after Christmas, we celebrated with my brother, Annika, and my mom's side of the family. A lot of the time that night was spent solving the abundant riddles and puzzles in my brother's house. He painted the nursery in stripes that actually spell out a coded message (still haven't figured out the message, but am looking forward to working on it more when I come home), and there is also a fun treasure hunt. Anyway, here are some pictures. (Since it is so annoying to re-arrange all these photos, they are not in the correct order, but hey, that's okay by me.)

Makoto had positioned himself on the back of the couch, in between the pillow and the back of the couch. I think he was scared of the unwrapping of presents. :-) He is resting his head next to my cousin, Dan.
How adorable is this face?
My cousin, Tom.
Yuki looked like he owned all the presents.




I took a bunch of photos of our Dickens Village, which is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. I tried to be a bit artsy.



This year we had a river and a waterfall in addition to the skating pond.
The village at night.

The village in daytime!

Our lovely waterfall. :-)
Me and my cousin, Christina.
Our Christmas tree.


The infamous, Hip-Hop Santa!
My dad and grandmom.
My aunt Sharon, Christina, and Annika.
My cousin, Ben.
Makoto had just jumped off Steve's lap (note his little butt on the bottom left).






Makoto had positioned himself this time in the crevice between Annika and the side of the chair, with his little paw up on the arm of the chair. So adorable.



5 comments:

Steve said...

Well, among other things, this blog certainly answers the question: where did Makoto sit during Christmas? :)

Ulie said...

Awwww these pictures are GREAT!!! All of them! And Makoto is hilarious- I love the pic of his little butt. :)
Christina looks so grown up!!!

Michelle said...

All very true. I was thinking that I might have taken more photos of the animals than of the people! But most people seemed to shy away from the camera anyway. :-) I tried to post with the larger picture format this time - I think you can see the photos better. What do you guys think?

Steve said...

Yeah, I like the bigger pictures.

Ulie said...

Me too! :)