Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Disorientation Week: Mystere

Another one of the events I went to during DisOriEntaTioN week was a dance called "Mystere", modeled after a Cirque du Soleil show, I think. It was a TON of fun! Our house had a pre-party to which about 60 people showed up. We got all dressed up, which is always nice. They had buses as usual to take us to the venue, a nearby country club.

Here are some photos from our pre-party:

John in his new suit :-)

Me, Annie, Aaron, and Shannon. Aaron did not originally intend to go to the dance, so he was dressed very casually. But he ended up going to the dance after all!

Annie, Aaron, Mike, and John
A view of the crowd in our dining room


Dan (we went to elementary school together), Falguni, Eric, and me

Me, Max, Evan, and Tiffany

Mike and Katie (Katie used to live in my current room)
Me and Shashi, an old section mate
Me, Eric, and John (and Eric's head is not actually touching John's shoulder although it looks like it and we had fun laughing about it)

Me, Amer, Vidhya, and Falguni. Amer and Vidhya met during last year and are now married!

The roomies: Mike, me, Shannon, and Eric
The roomies being crazy :-)
Another view of the crowd, mixing and mingling like good business students should :-)

Aaron and John: bosom buddies :-) (They get along really well.)


John and me all dressed up
Shannon, Aaron, and Manjari, all my old section mates

So, Aaron almost always sticks out his tongue for photos and I used to do that a lot, so it's kind of a thing when we take photos together.

Norbert, me, Eric, Shannon, and Manjari

Me and my Mill Creek Towne buddy, Dan

I love Eric in the back of this photo :-)
Falguni, me, Manjari, Lara, and Emily

Manjari, Lara, Christian, me, and Tanya

Eric, me, and Emily

Max, me, and John on the bus on the way to the dance


My friend Erin and me at the dance


This is my twin, Vicky. She and I were born at the exact same minute. I mean, don't we look alike?? :-) She was one of the organizers of the dance.

Sach and me


Jess, Ed, Joi, and me. All section mates.


So, at this dance, the DJ was awesome, but they also had a room with gambling and a belly dancer perform. This is a view of the Blackjack table. The girl on the far left is Bridget. She was an intern with me at Toyota. Next to her is my section mate Nate.

A view of the crowd in the gambling room.


Some craziness!
Even more craziness! Well, at least with me. :-)



I think you know these people by now.




Some dancing with the gang. Suzanne is the girl on the far left.




Andy Davis (awesome guy who I drove back to DC with over winter break last year), Suzanne, and me. All DC peeps!


On the bus on the way home after a late but fun night.


And on the walk home from the school.

It was such a fun night, and everyone I know had a great time. :-)

2 comments:

Ulie said...

WHAT GREAT PICTURES!!!! The first "craziness" pic of you could have EASILY been on our dorm door at Halloween junior year. I think I'll find a pic of our door and superimpose this pic of you onto it- you look totally spooky!
So great to see you getting to let loose a bit after so much intense study and work. (cough cough) Are you back East? Wanna get together??

Michelle said...

Ha ha! That was the best dorm door ever! We are the queens of crazy faces. :-) And yes, it was a VERY rare occasion that we got to go out and socialize here in the business school... (cough cough) ;-)