Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Most Miserable Game of the Year

Nearing the end of November (I believe it was Nov 17), Michigan hosted the biggest game of the year - Ohio State! I was really looking forward to the game, and most of all, feeling the over 100 years of traditional rivalry right here in Ann Arbor. Unfortunately, it was the first weekend where the weather turned bad, so it was rainy and cold the whole time. On top of that, neither team played very well. But it was a good experience, none-the-less and I'm glad I went and stayed for the whole game, unlike some of my compatriots. John's parents came into town to visit and go to the game, so it was nice to see them as well.

One of the many house tailgates on the way to the game.


ESPN's College GameDay was there for the first time in years. This was the back of the stands they had set up for the audience. Unfortunately by the time we got there, it was full.


Some of the news trucks that were outside the stadium.

You can see a reporter doing a newscast up on the raised platform on the left.

After attempting to get into College GameDay, we walked down to the pre-game marching band show.


Me at the pre-game marching band show in my layers of maize and blue. (I had on 4 layers, alternating maize and blue.) :-)


Some of the hoards of people walking behind the band, up to the stadium.
We saw these characters just inside the stadium. We didn't know who they were until later that day, when we saw a Snickers commercial. They are the actors from that campaign.

John's parents got me a ticket with theirs in the regular seats. This photo looks over at the student section, where I normally sit.This is looking to my other side, at the OSU fans. There was way too much red there for my taste. :-)



Bet you didn't know I got a Michigan tattoo on my face! Just kidding - it's temporary. :-)

Me in a poncho after the rain started getting too much to handle.



After the game, we had a little Thanksgiving potluck with John's friends. He deep-fried the turkey, which turned out so moist!

No comments: